Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rachael Ray

I watched the Rachael Ray Show today. She showed a recipe  today that I decided to make for dinner. It is  Yum -O!!. It does have the  taste of a a Bloody Mary . I will make this again.

Sliced Steak Salad with Bloody Mary Vinaigrette

Ingredients

  • For the Vinaigrette:
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • Juice of 1 small lemon
  • 1 scant tablespoon prepared horseradish
  • About 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • About 1/2 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped-flat leaf parsley
  • Lots of black pepper
  • Tabasco sauce, to taste, (optional)
  • For the Salad:
  • 1 romaine heart, chopped
  • 1 endive, chopped
  • 4 small stalks celery, thinly sliced on an angle
  • 1 1/2 pound 1-inch-thick flatiron or flank steak
  • Salt and pepper
  • Caperberries or sliced large green olives with pimiento, for garnish


Yields: Serves 4

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!! It is such a fun experience, I love it!! Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower I am following you back!! You should ck out Debbie's newbie party that she hosts on mondays, it's a lot of fun and it get's your name out there! Here's her link http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/. Looking forward to seeing more from you, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Linda! Welcome to blogging. So glad Martina passed me on to you:) See you on Monday for the newbie party. Have fun in the meantime making some new friends. I love this recipe. My Mom makes a lot of her dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, welcome to blogland. You have definitely hooked up with the right person/blog with Debbie. Her Newbie Party on Mondays was very instrumental in getting me a lot more followers, comments & FRIENDS! I just passed my 6-month cut-off for being able to join the party, but I still go & check different blogs. I am a new follower & hope you will visit & follow back. Blogland is a wonderful adventure. I've already bookmarked this recipe, sounds delish!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi your recipe sound delish ....we dont get the rachael ray show here in Australia ,or tasmania is were i live , welcome to blog world it's very addicitive :-)

    ReplyDelete