Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GRANDMA'S NO BAKE ICEBOX CHEESECAKE


Making this cheesecake brings bake memories.I remember going to my my grandma's house (which was only a block away) and helping here when she baked . She made this cheesecake always  in the summertime.

1 (3 oz.) pkg. lemon Jello I have also use raspberry and strawberry Jello.
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 1/2 c. graham crackers
1/4 c. melted butter
1 can evaporated milk (real cold)

Dissolve Jello in boiling water, add sugar, flavorings and cream cheese. Beat with mixer until smooth, set in refrigerator to set. Crush crumbs, add butter. Press into 9"x13" pan. Beat milk until thick and standing upright. Add to chilled mixture. Pour on top of crumbs. Sprinkle a few crumbs over top and chill 1 hour. Add strawberries for garnish on top.  Enjoy!!

Icebox cheesecake
 Joining: Debbiedoos Newbie Party

5 comments:

  1. mmm..mmm..mmm...good. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I will have to try the cheesecake. It looks so simple and sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I am definitely trying it! And the Oreo one -- my daughter and husband will love that one.

    I'm visiting via Debbiedoo's and really have enjoyed your blog -- I'm now your newest follower. :)

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fabulous. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete